Auto play videos
Normally videos can be played only on their single pages. Bimber offers auto play option on stream collection (check Gagster demo ) so user can watch video directly on post list.
How it works?
While scrolling list of posts, each video that enter visible viewport starts playing. When the video will go out of the viewport, it stops. Scroll back to that video to resume playing. For more convenience, all videos start playing muted.
Enable auto play
To auto play videos in stream collections, please:
- Go to the WordPress Admin › Appearance › Customize panel
- Open to the Posts › General section
- Check the Auto play videos in Stream collections option
Auto play supports:
- Embedded videos (like YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion)
- Self hosted videos (like MP4)
- GIF animations
Works with lazy load
Auto play works with lazy loaded videos. Besides better user experience you gain also better performance. Save bandwidth by loading only videos that user can really see.
YouTube player settings
To keep users on your site when YouTube video stops playing we give you option to disable Related videos. To disable the Related videos, please do as follows:
- Go to the WordPress Admin › Settings › MediaAce panel
- Open to the Lazy Load tab
- Uncheck the show related videos at the end of playback option
GIF animations work like other videos. They can be played/stopped automatically when entering/leaving viewport. But as GIFs have no video controls (like Play | Pause | Stop), you can stop/play it by clicking on them.