Shop The Post
It's a product carousel that showcases the products discussed in the post. Each product can be an affiliate link.
The Shop the Post collection can be placed:
- inside a post content
- after a post content
- on post collection (homepage, category, tag etc)
Type of products
The Shop the Post collection can display products from:
- Affiliate Platform like shopstylecollective.com
Insert into a post
You can insert the Shop the Post collection inside your post content. The method for embedding WooCommerce products and 3rd party platforms code is a little bit different. Below step by step guide for both.
This method requires the WooCommerce plugin to be activated. Please activate the plugin and follow these simple steps:
- Open a post for edition
- Find the the Shop the Post button above the WP content editor
- Click the button
- This will open modal window where you can select products for your collection
- Click the Create a new collection button
- Reorder items if needed and click Insert collection button
- Inside your post content the collection should look like this. You can edit it from here
If you are a part of any affiliate program like shopstylecollective.com, you should grab a code from the platform and paste it directly into your post content.
Insert after a post content
You can place the Shop the Post collection right after your post content. For this location you can use the WooCommerce products or external Affiliate Platform code.
To display WooCommerce products after a post content, please open a post for edition, scroll down to the metabox Shop the Post and set it up as on the image below.
To display affiliate products (from embed code) after a post content, please open a post for edition, scroll down to the metabox Shop the Post and set it up as on the image below.
Insert on a post collection
The setup from the point Insert after a post content works also for some post collection templates. So if you like to have the Shop the Post collection (like on the image below) on your homepage (and other archives), please follow the steps from the Insert after a post content section.