To enable a list, please do as follows:
- Go to the WordPress Admin › Appearance › Customize panel
- Switch to the Posts › Global section
- Check the Enable "Hot" collection box to enable that collection. Proceed the same for other collections.
- Now, you have to decide based on what the lists will be generated:
- Use the Top in menu option to choose display type for your links:
For the Popular, Hot, Trending and Top links, their labels are taken from the corresponding page titles.
For the Latest link, the situation is a little bit more tricky, due to lack of existing posts page (in default configuration).
To change that label, please follow these steps:
- Create a new page with your preferred title (eg. "Recent stories").
- Open the WordPress Admin › Appearance › Customize panel
- Go to the Static Front Page section
- Change the Front page displays option to A static page
- For Posts Page choose the previously created "Recent stories" page
- Change back the Front page displays option to Your latest posts