Facebook Comments are a good way to engage your readers and create interactions. You can use them with Bimber exclusively or next to other comment types.
The plugin is built into the theme so after theme activation you will be asked to install it. You can always find it and install from the WP Admin Panel › Appearance › Install plugins section.
In order to setup Facebook Comments, please do as follows:
- Please make sure that the Facebook Comments plugin is installed and active
- If you don't have a Facebook App for your site, please create one here
- Go to the WordPress Admin › Settings › Facebook Comments panel
- Paste the app id in the apropriate field at the top
- Please make sure that Show Comment Count option is unchecked, it might cause errors
By default Facebook Comments are shown in tabs next to the normal WordPress comments. To disable the WordPress comments system and use only Facebook, please do as follows:
- Go to the WordPress Admin › Appearance › Customize panel
- Switch to the Posts › Single section
- In the Hide elements check the Native comments tab