Special header links
To set up your special links, please do as follows:
- Go to the WordPress Admin › Appearance › Customize panel
- Switch to the Posts › Global section
- If you don't want to use e.g. "Hot" collection, just uncheck it here
Use the Top in menu option to choose type of your links:
- single - all links will be grouped under one link
- separate - links will be displayed separately
If you chose the single option:
- To show the Top link, please create and select the corresponding page for it.
If you chose the separate option:
- Check the Latest posts page to show the link to your blog page
- To show the Popular link, please select the corresponding page for it
- To show the Hot link, please select the corresponding page for it
- To show the Trending link, please select the corresponding page for it
If you can't find any of Top, Popular, Hot or Trending pages, you need to create them first. All are regular WordPress pages, so you can create them via WordPress Admin › Pages › Add new interface.
How the "Top" page works?
The Top page groups all your enabled lists on a one page. The difference is also in their naming convention. Now, lists labels will be generated based on corresponding dates:
- Today for Trending
- This week for Hot
- All time for Popular
Changing link labels
For the Popular, Hot, Trending and Top links, their labels are taken from the corresponding page titles.
For the Latest link, the situation is a little bit more tricky, due to lack of existing posts page (in default configuration).
To change that label, please follow these steps:
- Create a new page with your preferred title (eg. "Recent stories").
- Open the WordPress Admin › Appearance › Customize panel
- Go to the Static Front Page section
- Change the Front page displays option to A static page
- For Posts Page choose the previously created "Recent stories" page
- Change back the Front page displays option to Your latest posts